CENTRE FOR ADVANCES IN RELIABILITY AND SAFETY LIMITED
Centre for Advances in Reliability and Safety Limited (CAiRS), initiated by The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, is established in 2020 with its operation located in the Hong Kong Science Park, New Territories, Hong Kong. The mission of CAiRS is to bridge academic and industrial counterparts to introduce and implement artificial intelligence methods and prognostic techniques to advance reliability and safety. The goal of the Centre is to improve reliability and safety of critical components and devices, products, systems and sub-systems designed, commissioned and/or manufactured by Hong Kong companies and enterprises. More information about the company can be found at http://www.cairs.hk.
Lead Engineer/ Senior Engineer (Ref. No.: CAiRS-LE/SE/P.3.2 - AI Based Safety Assurance)
The appointees will report to the Project Leader and the Centre Director or his designate (currently Program Manager), and perform research and related work in planning and monitoring the research project – “AI based safety application”.
The project will be involved in development and implementation of algorithms with artificial intelligence (AI) and big data analytics for safety and reliability in the areas of “smart building” and “transportation”.
Applicants will be required to:
- work with industry counterparts in consolidating academic research into tangible deliverables;
- steer the project, and ensure good and appropriate applicability to commercial/industrial partners;
- conduct experiments, perform data analysis, and evaluate test and research results;
- manage R&D activities and prepare project updates and reports;
- compose research findings for publications, patent applications, grants and other documents;
- perform any other duties as assigned by the Centre Director or his delegates.
Applicants should have/ be:
- a master’s degree or above in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics or a relevant discipline;
- at least three years of relevant work experience;
- strong analytical skill with experience in data analytics, big data and/or artificial intelligence (AI);
- knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Python, MATLAB, R);
- knowledge and experience of reliability and safety area will be a plus;
- knowledge of frontend and backend development being an advantage;
- well-organized, capable to work under pressure and able to handle multi-tasking assignments in a multidisciplinary team;
- excellent interpersonal skills; and
- a good command of written and spoken English and Chinese, with proficiency in Putonghua being an advantage.
Applicant with less experience will be considered as a Research Associate.
What you enjoy at CAiRS:
We offer highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, in addition to the following benefits:
- 5-day work
- Flexible working hours (for researchers)
- Annual leave
- Medical & dental insurance
- Excellent and friendly office environment (newly renovated and next to sea shore)
- Work-life balance
- Free drinks and snacks in office
What you enjoy at Science Park:
- Shuttle bus to Science Park from various locations in HK
- Recreational facilities in Science Park, e.g. gym and swimming pool
Deadline for application: Recruitment will continue until the position is filled.
- Please return the completed application form, together with a detailed curriculum vitae, to the CAiRS by email to email@example.com
- Application form can be downloaded from here.
- The CAiRS reserves the right to fill or not to fill the position. The personal data in relation to your application will be used by CAiRS to assess your suitability for assuming the position you are applying for, and to determine the remuneration and benefits package, if applicable.
- Please read the “Personal Information Collection Statement for Recruitment” before completing the application form.
- The CAiRS is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, ethnicity, nationality, family status or physical or mental disabilities.
- Applicants who are not invited to an interview within two months of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.