CENTRE FOR ADVANCES IN RELIABILITY AND SAFETY LIMITED
Centre for Advances in Reliability and Safety Limited (CAiRS), initiated by The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, is established in 2020 with its operation located in the Hong Kong Science Park, New Territories, Hong Kong. The mission of CAiRS is to bridge academic and industrial counterparts to introduce and implement artificial intelligence methods and prognostic techniques to advance reliability and safety. The goal of the Centre is to improve reliability and safety of critical components and devices, products, systems and sub-systems designed, commissioned and/or manufactured by Hong Kong companies and enterprises. More information about the company can be found at http://www.cairs.hk.
Research Scientist / Lead Engineer (Ref. No.: CAiRS-RS/LS/P1.1-1.3)
The appointees will report to the Project Leader and the Centre Director or his designate (currently Program Manager), and perform research and related work in planning and monitoring the following research projects in the areas of electrical reliability and safety, machine learning and computer vision.
P1.1: Informative feature discovery and selection
P1.2: Early detection of degradation in electronic interconnects
P1.3: Anomaly detection for systems under indeterminate operating conditions
The projects will develop machine-learning-based anomaly detection algorithm and syndromic surveillance system for health monitoring of modern electronic systems.
They will be required to:
- develop objectives and design projects and proposals;
- coordinate and monitor research projects;
- formulate and implement appropriate methodologies for research projects;
- conduct experiments, perform data analysis, and evaluate test and research results;
- supervise project team members;
- compose research findings for publications, grants, and other documents;
- assist in grant and manuscript submissions; and
- perform any other duties as assigned by the Centre Director or his delegates.
Applicants should have:
- a master’s degree or above in Science, Engineering or a relevant discipline;
- at least two years of research-related experience in the fields of electrical reliability/safety, machine learning and computer vision;
- knowledge and understanding of related research methodologies; and
- experience in research publications and grant applications.
Applicants are invited to contact Prof. Lam Kin-man Kenneth at email email@example.com for further information.
What you enjoy at CAiRS:
We offer highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, in addition to the following benefits:
- 5-day work
- Flexible working hours (for researchers)
- Annual leave
- Medical & dental insurance
- Excellent and friendly office environment (newly renovated and next to sea shore)
- Work-life balance
- Free drinks and snacks in office
What you enjoy at Science Park:
- Shuttle bus to Science Park from various locations in HK
- Recreational facilities in Science Park, e.g. gym and swimming pool
Deadline for application: Recruitment will continue until the position is filled.
- Please return the completed application form, together with a detailed curriculum vitae, to the CAiRS by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application form can be downloaded from here.
- The CAiRS reserves the right to fill or not to fill the position. The personal data in relation to your application will be used by CAiRS to assess your suitability for assuming the position you are applying for, and to determine the remuneration and benefits package, if applicable.
- Please read the “Personal Information Collection Statement for Recruitment” before completing the application form.
- The CAiRS is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, ethnicity, nationality, family status or physical or mental disabilities.
- Applicants who are not invited to an interview within two months of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.