CENTRE FOR ADVANCES IN RELIABILITY AND SAFETY LIMITED
Centre for Advances in Reliability and Safety Limited (CAiRS), initiated by The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, is established in 2020 with its operation located in the Hong Kong Science Park, New Territories, Hong Kong. The mission of CAiRS is to bridge academic and industrial counterparts to introduce and implement artificial intelligence methods and prognostic techniques to advance reliability and safety. The goal of the Centre is to improve reliability and safety of critical components and devices, products, systems and sub-systems designed, commissioned and/or manufactured by Hong Kong companies and enterprises. More information about the company can be found at http://www.cairs.hk.
1. Postdoctoral Fellow (Ref. No.: CAiRS-R11/P3.3) [Appointment period: thirty-six months]
2. Research Associate (Ref. No.: CAiRS- R12/P3.3) [Appointment period: thirty-six months]
The appointees will assist the project leader and programme manager in the research project - “Forecasting maintenance”. The project will develop AI-based prognostic techniques to assess the extent of degradation from normal condition and enable the condition monitoring and predictive maintenance actions for electrical systems/devices such as motors.
He/She will be required to:
- conduct AI research to address industrial reliability and safety issue of product, process and system.
- develop innovative methodology based on sensors, machine/deep learning models for industrial application.
- work with team of researchers to conduct research, experiment and report/paper publications.
- perform any other duties as assigned by the Centre Director or his delegates.
- Doctoral degree holder in Computer Science, Electronic/Electrical Engineering, Information Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, Physics, Mathematics, or relevant disciplines. and must have no more than five years of post-qualification experience at the time of application.
- For Master degree holder, they will be considered for the position of Research Associate.
- Professional background or experience with least one of the following areas:
- Machine-learning/ data sciences related projects
- Programming: Python, Labview, Matlab, etc. Familiar with open-source libraries including Tensorflow is a plus
- Familiar with motor design and testing
- Modelling and simulation
- Product reliability
- Team player with good analytical and communication skills
- Good command of written and spoken English
Applicants are invited to contact Dr Siqi Bu at tel no. 2766 6163 or email email@example.com for further information.
A highly competitive remuneration package will be offered. Applicants should state their current and expected salary in the application.
Deadline for application: Recruitment will continue until the position is filled.
- Please return the completed application form, together with a detailed curriculum vitae, to the CAiRS by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application form can be downloaded from here.
- The CAiRS reserves the right to fill or not to fill the position. The personal data in relation to your application will be used by CAiRS to assess your suitability for assuming the position you are applying for, and to determine the remuneration and benefits package, if applicable.
- Please read the “Personal Information Collection Statement for Recruitment” before completing the application form.
- The CAiRS is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity. All qualified applicants will received consideration for employment without regard to gender, ethnicity, nationality, family status or physical or mental disabilities.
- Applicants who are not invited to an interview within two months of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.