CENTRE FOR ADVANCES IN RELIABILITY AND SAFETY LIMITED
Centre for Advances in Reliability and Safety Limited (CAiRS), initiated by The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, is established in 2020 with its operation located in the Hong Kong Science Park, New Territories, Hong Kong. The mission of CAiRS is to bridge academic and industrial counterparts to introduce and implement artificial intelligence methods and prognostic techniques to advance reliability and safety. The goal of the Centre is to improve reliability and safety of critical components and devices, products, systems and sub-systems designed, commissioned and/or manufactured by Hong Kong companies and enterprises. More information about the company can be found at http://www.cairs.hk.
Job DescriptionAssistant Accounting Manager/ Senior Accounting Officer (Ref. No.: CAiRS-AAM/SAO)
The appointee will be required to:
- manage a wide range of financial matters for CAiRS, including but not limited to cashflow management, procurement, accounting, auditing, budgeting and forecasting, and the preparation of related reports;
- conduct management accounting and prepare all kinds of financial and management reports;
- handle a full set of accounts including general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable and month-end closing;
- handle bank transactions and payment; manage company bank accounts and bank documentation;
- manage the accounting system to ensure consistent procurement and payment methods;
- liaise with internal and external auditors and all other related parties for financial audit;
- formulate and implement internal control policies and procedures in accordance with both statutory and Government funding requirements;
- manage compliance and ensure compliance with related statutory requirements and regulations;
- organize and coordinate the assigned subject areas/projects and work independently with minimum supervision;
- provide administrative/secretarial support to committees and financial related matters; and
- perform any other duties as assigned by the Centre Director or his delegates.
Applicants should have/ be:
- have a recognised degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related discipline;
- have professional qualifications in Accounting/Finance gained from recognised professional bodies preferably;
- have at least six years of solid post-qualification experience in accounting, auditing or related fields and supervisory experience;
- have strong numerical sense and an analytical mind with demonstrated management capability;
- be a good team player, proactive and dedicated to work and have a positive can-do attitude;
- have good interpersonal and communication skills;
- have a good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese, and preferably with fluency in Putonghua; and
- have good computer skills, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, etc.
What you enjoy at CAiRS:
We offer highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, in addition to the following benefits:
- 5-day work
- Flexible working hours (for researchers)
- Annual leave
- Medical & dental insurance
- Excellent and friendly office environment (newly renovated and next to seashore)
- Work-life balance
- Free drinks and snacks in office
A highly competitive remuneration package will be offered. Applicants should state their current and expected salary in the application.
- Please return the completed application form, together with a detailed curriculum vitae, to the CAiRS by email to email@example.com
- Application form can be downloaded from here.
- The CAiRS reserves the right to fill or not to fill the position. The personal data in relation to your application will be used by CAiRS to assess your suitability for assuming the position you are applying for, and to determine the remuneration and benefits package, if applicable.
- Please read the “Personal Information Collection Statement for Recruitment” before completing the application form.
- The CAiRS is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, ethnicity, nationality, family status or physical or mental disabilities.
- Applicants who are not invited to an interview within two months of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.