CENTRE FOR ADVANCES IN RELIABILITY AND SAFETY LIMITED
Centre for Advances in Reliability and Safety Limited (CAiRS), initiated by The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, is established in 2020 with its operation located in the Hong Kong Science Park, New Territories, Hong Kong. The mission of CAiRS is to bridge academic and industrial counterparts to introduce and implement artificial intelligence methods and prognostic techniques to advance reliability and safety. The goal of the Centre is to improve reliability and safety of critical components and devices, products, systems and sub-systems designed, commissioned and/or manufactured by Hong Kong companies and enterprises. More information about the company can be found at http://www.cairs.hk.
1. Postdoctoral Fellow (Ref. No.: CAiRS-R23/P5.2) [Appointment period: thirty-six months]
2. Research Associate (Ref. No.: CAiRS-R24/P5.2) [Appointment period: thirty-six months]
The appointees will assist the project leaders in the research project - “Integrity of Sensor Data”. The project will develop innovative methods for ensuring the reliability of sensors and the integrity of data produced by sensors using the machine learning techniques.
Applicants for the post of Postdoctoral Fellow should have a doctoral degree in Data Science, Electronic Engineering, Information Engineering, Computer Science, or an equivalent qualification in a related field and must have no more than five years of post-qualification experience at the time of application. They should also have a strong analytical skill with experience in big data and artificial intelligence research.
Applicants for the post of Research Associate should have a good honours degree or above in Data Science, Electronic Engineering, Information Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field. They should have a good analytical skill with interests in big data and artificial intelligence research.
For both posts, applicants should also have:
- proficiency in programming language (e.g. C, Python, Matlab);
- good interpersonal and communication skills; and
- a good command of written and spoken English.
Preference will be given to the candidates who have experience in electronic system development.
Applicants are invited to contact Dr Daniel Lun at email@example.com for further information.
A highly competitive remuneration package will be offered. Applicants should state their current and expected salary in the application.
Deadline for application: Recruitment will continue until the position is filled.
- Please return the completed application form, together with a detailed curriculum vitae, to the CAiRS by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application form can be downloaded from here.
- The CAiRS reserves the right to fill or not to fill the position. The personal data in relation to your application will be used by CAiRS to assess your suitability for assuming the position you are applying for, and to determine the remuneration and benefits package, if applicable.
- Please read the “Personal Information Collection Statement for Recruitment” before completing the application form.
- The CAiRS is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity. All qualified applicants will received consideration for employment without regard to gender, ethnicity, nationality, family status or physical or mental disabilities.
- Applicants who are not invited to an interview within two months of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.