CENTRE FOR ADVANCES IN RELIABILITY AND SAFETY LIMITED
Centre for Advances in Reliability and Safety Limited (CAiRS), initiated by The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, is established in 2020 with its operation located in the Hong Kong Science Park, New Territories, Hong Kong. The mission of CAiRS is to bridge academic and industrial counterparts to introduce and implement artificial intelligence methods and prognostic techniques to advance reliability and safety. The goal of the Centre is to improve reliability and safety of critical components and devices, products, systems and sub-systems designed, commissioned and/or manufactured by Hong Kong companies and enterprises. More information about the company can be found at http://www.cairs.hk.
Informative feature discovery and selection
Early detection of degradation
Postdoctoral Fellow – Computer Vision (Ref. No.: CAiRS-R17/P1.1-1.3)[Appointment period will end on 30 June 2025]
The appointees will report to the Project Leader and the Centre Director or his delegate (currently Programme Manager) and perform research and related work in the development of machine-learning-based anomaly detection algorithms and surveillance systems for health monitoring of modern electronic systems.
The appointee will be required to:
- prepare literature review on machine vision methods on the anomaly detection of electronic assemblies;
- design required machine vision systems as required in the health monitoring of modern electronic systems;
- develop machine vision and learning algorithms for the anomaly detection and surveillance on the health of different components mounted on the electronic assemblies;
- prepare and publish relevant research papers in high-tier peer-reviewed journals; and
- perform any other duties as assigned by the Centre Director or his delegates.
Applicants should have a doctoral degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, or an equivalent qualification in a related field. They should have a good publication record.
For the post, applicants should also have/be:
- Good understanding of computer vision, pattern recognition and machine learning.
- Experience in algorithm development and implementation.
- Proficient in programming languages including Python, C/C++.
- Familiar with deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow or Caffe.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; and a good command of written and spoken English.
Fresh graduates are also welcome.
- The maximum monthly salary allowance is HK$23,000 for research talents with a master degree and HK$35,000 for those with a doctoral degree.
- An additional monthly living allowance of HK$10,000 will be provided to research talents with a doctoral degree.
What you enjoy at CAiRS:
We offer highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, in addition to the following benefits:
- 5-day work
- Flexible working hours (for researchers)
- Staff's entitlement to paid annual leave will increase progressively according to the Centre’s guideline
- Medical & dental insurance
- Excellent and friendly office environment (newly renovated and next to sea shore)
- Work-life balance
- Free drinks and snacks in office
What you enjoy at Science Park:
- Shuttle bus to Science Park from various locations in HK
- Recreational facilities in Science Park, e.g. gym and swimming pool
- Can apply for studio apartment in InnoCell (a smart living and co-creation space designed for I&T talents in Science Park) subject to availability and eligibility
- Please return the completed application form, together with a detailed curriculum vitae, to the CAiRS by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application form can be downloaded from here.
- The CAiRS reserves the right to fill or not to fill the position. The personal data in relation to your application will be used by CAiRS to assess your suitability for assuming the position you are applying for, and to determine the remuneration and benefits package, if applicable.
- Please read the “Personal Information Collection Statement for Recruitment” before completing the application form.
- The CAiRS is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, ethnicity, nationality, family status or physical or mental disabilities.
- Applicants who are not invited to an interview within two months of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.