CENTRE FOR ADVANCES IN RELIABILITY AND SAFETY LIMITED
Centre for Advances in Reliability and Safety Limited (CAiRS), initiated by The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, is established in 2020 with its operation located in the Hong Kong Science Park, New Territories, Hong Kong. The mission of CAiRS is to bridge academic and industrial counterparts to introduce and implement artificial intelligence methods and prognostic techniques to advance reliability and safety. The goal of the Centre is to improve reliability and safety of critical components and devices, products, systems and sub-systems designed, commissioned and/or manufactured by Hong Kong companies and enterprises. More information about the company can be found at http://www.cairs.hk.
This is the individual who is responsible for day-to-day compliance activities to ensure the entire compliance function within the organization. The candidate is responsible for developing and implementing compliance policies, procedures, and strategies, with specific duties as follows:
- play the crucial role in Risk Management, Internal Audit, Data Privacy, Communication & Liaison with different stakeholders including senior management, university, government departments, legal advisors and industrial collaborators
- ensure that the organization adheres to applicable laws, regulations, and internal policies
- conduct risk assessments, monitor compliance activities, provide training to employees, and investigate potential compliance violations
- review policies, assess compliance with rules, regulations and requirements
- evaluate the effectiveness of compliance programmes, identify areas of improvement, and recommend corrective actions.
- handle sensitive data, such as personal information or financial data, data privacy
- ensure compliance with data protection laws, assess data risks, implement security measures, and respond to data breaches or incidents
- develop and deliver compliance training to educate employees on regulatory requirements, internal policies, and ethical standards
- handle communication and awareness campaigns to promote a culture of compliance within the organization
- provide ad hoc support assigned by the Management
- degree/Professional qualification in Accountancy, Legal, Finance or related discipline;
- 3-5 years hands-on practical experience in compliance field;
- Sound knowledge in all kinds of compliance.
- familiar with regulations in government sector will be an added advantage;
- independent, self-initiative and results orientated, good interpersonal skills, a team-player, attention to detail and quality standards;
- high level of integrity with strong analytical, oral and written communication skills;
- good command of written & spoken English and Chinese;
- good team player and and self-motivated with strong sense of responsibility, organizational and problem-solving skills
What you enjoy at CAiRS:
We offer highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, in addition to the following benefits:
- 5-day work
- Flexible working hours (for researchers)
- Annual leave
- Medical & dental insurance
- Excellent and friendly office environment (newly renovated and next to sea shore)
- Work-life balance
- Free drinks and snacks in office
RemunerationA highly competitive remuneration package will be offered. Applicants should state their current and expected salary in the application.
- Please return the completed application form, together with a detailed curriculum vitae, to the CAiRS by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application form can be downloaded from here.
- The CAiRS reserves the right to fill or not to fill the position. The personal data in relation to your application will be used by CAiRS to assess your suitability for assuming the position you are applying for, and to determine the remuneration and benefits package, if applicable.
- Please read the “Personal Information Collection Statement for Recruitment” before completing the application form.
- The CAiRS is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, ethnicity, nationality, family status or physical or mental disabilities.
- Applicants who are not invited to an interview within two months of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.