CENTRE FOR ADVANCES IN RELIABILITY AND SAFETY LIMITED
Centre for Advances in Reliability and Safety Limited (CAiRS), initiated by The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, is established in 2020 with its operation located in the Hong Kong Science Park, New Territories, Hong Kong. The mission of CAiRS is to bridge academic and industrial counterparts to introduce and implement artificial intelligence methods and prognostic techniques to advance reliability and safety. The goal of the Centre is to improve reliability and safety of critical components and devices, products, systems and sub-systems designed, commissioned and/or manufactured by Hong Kong companies and enterprises. More information about the company can be found at http://www.cairs.hk.
Senior Engineer / Engineer / Data Scientist (Ref. No.: CAiRS-SE/E/DS/P5.2 - Integrity of Sensor Data)
The appointees will report to the Project Leader and the Centre Director or his delegate (currently Programme Manager) and perform research and related work in the development of innovative methods for ensuring the reliability of sensors and the integrity of data produced by sensors using the machine learning techniques.
Applicants will be required to:
- development embedded system prototypes for video/image processing applications;
- perform research and development work including literature study, open-source code search/test and patent survey, support high quality paper publication;
- lead/supervise/contribute to a highly motivated and passionate research team with international experts;
- develop research, protype cutting-edge technologies and approaches and support data and demo set; and
- perform any other duties as assigned by the Centre Director or his delegates.
- have a recognized Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, Mechatronics, Information, System Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics or relevant discipline, preferably with a master’s degree or a doctoral degree in aforementioned disciplines;
- have at least 2 years industrial work experience, preferably with practical experience in end-to-end project, product, system, solution hardware, software, and/or firmware development;
- be proficient in programming language such as C/C++, Java, Python, Matlab and using embedded system development tools;
- be good team player, self-motivated, able to meet project deadline;
- have a good passion in new technology and innovation, quick learner and
- have a good command of written and spoken English, Cantonese and Potunghua.
Preference will be given to those with experience in AI and related system development.
Candidates with less experience will be considered for the post of Engineer.
What you enjoy at CAiRS:
We offer highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, in addition to the following benefits:
- 5-day work
- Staff's entitlement to paid annual leave will increase progressively according to the Centre’s guideline
- Flexible working hours (for researchers)
- Medical & dental insurance
- Excellent and friendly office environment (newly renovated and next to sea shore)
- Work-life balance
- Free drinks and snacks in office
What you enjoy at Science Park:
- Shuttle bus to Science Park from various locations in HK
- Recreational facilities in Science Park, e.g. gym and swimming pool
- Can apply for studio apartment in InnoCell (a smart living and co-creation space designed for I&T talents in Science Park) subject to availability and eligibility
- Please return the completed application form, together with a detailed curriculum vitae, to the CAiRS by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application form can be downloaded from here.
- The CAiRS reserves the right to fill or not to fill the position. The personal data in relation to your application will be used by CAiRS to assess your suitability for assuming the position you are applying for, and to determine the remuneration and benefits package, if applicable.
- Please read the “Personal Information Collection Statement for Recruitment” before completing the application form.
- The CAiRS is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, ethnicity, nationality, family status or physical or mental disabilities.
- Applicants who are not invited to an interview within two months of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.