CENTRE FOR ADVANCES IN RELIABILITY AND SAFETY LIMITED
Centre for Advances in Reliability and Safety Limited (CAiRS), initiated by The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, is established in 2020 with its operation located in the Hong Kong Science Park, New Territories, Hong Kong. The mission of CAiRS is to bridge academic and industrial counterparts to introduce and implement artificial intelligence methods and prognostic techniques to advance reliability and safety. The goal of the Centre is to improve reliability and safety of critical components and devices, products, systems and sub-systems designed, commissioned and/or manufactured by Hong Kong companies and enterprises. More information about the company can be found at http://www.cairs.hk.
Senior Programme Manager/ Programme Manager / Assistant Programme Manager (Ref. No.: CAiRS-SrPM-PM-APM/P1)
The appointee will report to the Centre Director (or his designate) and assist in planning and monitoring AI-related research projects in advancing product reliability and safety. He/she will be required to:
- work with industry counterparts in translating and consolidating academic research into tangible deliverables;
- steer the project, and ensure good and appropriate application of research findings to industry partners;
- manage research and development activities, including technical and budget aspects, and other project administrative tasks such as preparing project updates and reports;
- apply for patents and facilitate their commercialisation;
- monitor the research progress against project milestones and ensure timeliness of research publications;
- assist the Centre Director in managing and coordinating research colleagues and their research activities;
- liaise with local and overseas universities, research institutions, and industry partners in preparing research proposals, and professionally handling enquiries; and
- perform any other duties as assigned by the Centre Director or his delegates;
- candidates with less experience may be considered as Programme Manager / Assistant Programme Manager.
- have preferably a doctoral degree in Engineering, Physical Science, Data Science or other relevant disciplines;
- have at least ten years of research/relevant work experience with knowledge of AI development and implementation in practice preferably;
- be able to demonstrate capabilities in working with industry and research partners to prepare project proposals, managing projects and teams as well as providing technical advice in the field of AI;
- have experience in paper publication (experience in patents application would be an advantage);
- be well-organised, flexible, creative and able to handle multi-tasking assignments in a multi-disciplinary team;
- have excellent interpersonal skills;
- have a good command of written and spoken English and Chinese, with proficiency in Putonghua being an advantage.
Preference will be given to those with work experience in a) leading data science, reliability, and safety projects; b) building and deploying large-scale machine learning models; and/or c) big data and cloud solutions.
What you enjoy at CAiRS:
We offer highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, in addition to the following benefits:
- 5-day work
- Staff's entitlement to paid annual leave will increase progressively according to the Centre's guideline
- Flexible working hours (for researchers)
- Medical & dental insurance
- Excellent and friendly office environment (newly renovated and next to seashore)
- Work-life balance
- Free drinks and snacks in office
What you enjoy at Science Park:
- Shuttle bus to Science Park from various locations in HK
- Recreational facilities in Science Park, e.g. gym and swimming pool
- Can apply for studio apartment in InnoCell (a smart living and co-creation space designed for I&T talents in Science Park) subject to availability and eligibility
- Individual office space
- Please return the completed application form, together with a detailed curriculum vitae, to the CAiRS by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application form can be downloaded from here.
- The CAiRS reserves the right to fill or not to fill the position. The personal data in relation to your application will be used by CAiRS to assess your suitability for assuming the position you are applying for, and to determine the remuneration and benefits package, if applicable.
- Please read the “Personal Information Collection Statement for Recruitment” before completing the application form.
- The CAiRS is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, ethnicity, nationality, family status or physical or mental disabilities.
- Applicants who are not invited to an interview within two months of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.