CENTRE FOR ADVANCES IN RELIABILITY AND SAFETY LIMITED
Centre for Advances in Reliability and Safety Limited (CAiRS), initiated by The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, is established in 2020 with its operation located in the Hong Kong Science Park, New Territories, Hong Kong. The mission of CAiRS is to bridge academic and industrial counterparts to introduce and implement artificial intelligence methods and prognostic techniques to advance reliability and safety. The goal of the Centre is to improve reliability and safety of critical components and devices, products, systems and sub-systems designed, commissioned and/or manufactured by Hong Kong companies and enterprises. More information about the company can be found at http://www.cairs.hk.
1. Postdoctoral Fellow (Ref. No.: CAiRS-R15/P3.4) [Appointment period will end on 30 June 2025]
2. Research Associate (Ref. No.: CAiRS- R16/P3.4) [Appointment period will end on 30 June 2025]
The appointees will report to the Project Leader and the Centre Director or his designate (currently Program Manager), and perform research and related work in the research project - “Use of failure models and bayesian methods for real-time failure prediction and uncertainty management”. The project will develop advanced prognostic techniques for health monitoring and lifetime prediction of IGBT/SiC power modules.
Applicants for the post of Postdoctoral Fellow should have a doctoral degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, or an equivalent qualification in a related field and must have no more than five years of post-qualification experience at the time of application. They should also have a good publication record.
Applicants for the post of Research Associate should have a good honours degree or above in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or a related field.
For both posts, applicants should also have:
- good experimental skills;
- good interpersonal and communication skills; and
- a good command of written and spoken English
Applicants are invited to contact Dr Loo Ka Hong at tel no. 2766 4744 or email email@example.com for further information.
What you enjoy at CAiRS:
We offer highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, in addition to the following benefits:
- 5-day work
- Flexible working hours (for researchers)
- Annual leave
- Medical & dental insurance
- Excellent and friendly office environment (newly renovated and next to sea shore)
- Work-life balance
- Free drinks and snacks in office
What you enjoy at Science Park:
- Shuttle bus to Science Park from various locations in HK
- Recreational facilities in Science Park, e.g. gym and swimming pool
Please send a completed application form, together with a detailed curriculum vitae via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: Recruitment will continue until the position is filled.
- Please return the completed application form, together with a detailed curriculum vitae, to the CAiRS by email to email@example.com
- Application form can be downloaded from here.
- The CAiRS reserves the right to fill or not to fill the position. The personal data in relation to your application will be used by CAiRS to assess your suitability for assuming the position you are applying for, and to determine the remuneration and benefits package, if applicable.
- Please read the “Personal Information Collection Statement for Recruitment” before completing the application form.
- The CAiRS is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, ethnicity, nationality, family status or physical or mental disabilities.
- Applicants who are not invited to an interview within two months of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.