CENTRE FOR ADVANCES IN RELIABILITY AND SAFETY LIMITED
Centre for Advances in Reliability and Safety Limited (CAiRS), initiated by The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, is established in 2020 with its operation located in the Hong Kong Science Park, New Territories, Hong Kong. The mission of CAiRS is to bridge academic and industrial counterparts to introduce and implement artificial intelligence methods and prognostic techniques to advance reliability and safety. The goal of the Centre is to improve reliability and safety of critical components and devices, products, systems and sub-systems designed, commissioned and/or manufactured by Hong Kong companies and enterprises. More information about the company can be found at http://www.cairs.hk.
Postdoctoral Fellow – PCB/Power Electronic Assemblies (Ref. No.: CAiRS-R27/P1.1-1.3)
The appointees will assist the project leaders and Programme Manager in the development and manufacturing of some prototypes for electrical and electronic products or printed circuit boards (PCBs) used for health monitoring of modern electronic systems.
For the post of Postdoctoral Fellow:
- prepare a literature review on the manufacturing process and testing requirement of electronic assemblies (e.g. printed circuit boards mounted with IC components);
- design experiments as required in the health monitoring of modern electronic systems;
- develop some methods using sensors (e.g. voltage, current, temperature etc) for the identification of different defects in the interconnections of the electronic assemblies; and
- prepare relevant research papers;
Applicants should have a doctoral degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Product Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related disciplines, or an equivalent qualification in a related field. They should have a good publication record.
For the posts, applicants should also have:
- Good understanding in the manufacturing and assembly of prototypes for electrical and electronic components or devices and printed circuit boards (PCBs), and
- Experience in design of experiments, or failure analysis of electrical and electronic components will be an advantage; and
- Good knowledge on the evaluation of electrical/electronic products and systems by designing testing methods and writing computer programming/or using computer simulations, and
- Hands-on experience on the installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements by preparing electrical systems specifications, technical drawings, or topographical maps.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; and a good command of written and spoken English.+
Preferences will be given to the applicants with the testing experiences on semi-finished/finished products and system capabilities. However, fresh graduates are also welcome.
Applicants are invited to contact Dr. Ka-Hong Loo at email: email@example.com or Prof. Lam Kin-man Kenneth at email: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
A highly competitive remuneration package will be offered. Applicants should state their current and expected salary in the application.
What you enjoy at CAiRS:
We offer highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, in addition to the following benefits:
- 5-day work
- Flexible working hours (for researchers)
- Annual leave
- Medical & dental insurance
- Excellent and friendly office environment (newly renovated and next to sea shore)
- Work-life balance
- Free drinks and snacks in office
What you enjoy at Science Park:
- Shuttle bus to Science Park from various locations in HK
- Recreational facilities in Science Park, e.g. gym and swimming pool
Please send a completed application form, together with a detailed curriculum vitae via email to email@example.com.
- Please return the completed application form, together with a detailed curriculum vitae, to the CAiRS by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application form can be downloaded from here.
- The CAiRS reserves the right to fill or not to fill the position. The personal data in relation to your application will be used by CAiRS to assess your suitability for assuming the position you are applying for, and to determine the remuneration and benefits package, if applicable.
- Please read the “Personal Information Collection Statement for Recruitment” before completing the application form.
- The CAiRS is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, ethnicity, nationality, family status or physical or mental disabilities.
- Applicants who are not invited to an interview within two months of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.