CENTRE FOR ADVANCES IN RELIABILITY AND SAFETY LIMITED
Centre for Advances in Reliability and Safety Limited (CAiRS), initiated by The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, is established in 2020 with its operation located in the Hong Kong Science Park, New Territories, Hong Kong. The mission of CAiRS is to bridge academic and industrial counterparts to introduce and implement artificial intelligence methods and prognostic techniques to advance reliability and safety. The goal of the Centre is to improve reliability and safety of critical components and devices, products, systems and sub-systems designed, commissioned and/or manufactured by Hong Kong companies and enterprises. More information about the company can be found at http://www.cairs.hk.
2. Research Associate – Manufacturing process and Failure analysis for Printed circuit boards/Electrical and Electronic products (Ref. No.: CAiRS-R28/P1.1-1.3) [Appointment period: thirty-six months]
The appointees will assist the project leaders and Programme Manager in the research projects - “Informative feature discovery and selection”, “Early detection of degradation in electronic interconnects”, “Anomaly detection for systems under indeterminate operating conditions”. The projects will manufacture some prototypes for printed circuit boards (PCBs)/electrical and electronic products used for health monitoring and lifetime prediction of modern electronic systems, and/or will optimize the process parameters involved in the manufacturing of the required PCBs/electrical and electronic components or devices.
Applicants for the post of Postdoctoral Fellow should have a doctoral degree in Product Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Applied Physics, Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Engineering or an equivalent qualification in a related field and must have no more than five years of post-qualification experience at the time of application. They should have a good publication record.
Applicants for the post of Research Associate should have a good honours degree or above in Product Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Applied Physics, Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Engineering or a related field.
For both posts, applicants should also have:
- bachelor’s Degree or above in Product Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Applied Physics, Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Engineering or related disciplines;
- good understanding of drilling, desmearing, etching, electroless plating, soldering, masking of PCBs, and machine learning;
- experience in the manufacturing and assembly of prototypes for printed circuit boards (PCBs)/electrical and electronic components or devices;
- sound knowledge in PCB circuit design including the use of Gerber file;
- be familiar with multi-layer PCBs, flexible PCBs and rigid-flex PCBs;
- proficient in Computer-aided design (CAD) / Computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) / Computer-aided engineering (CAE) software such as Matlab, SolidWorks, Solid Edge etc.
- knowledge of design of experiments, optimization, design for manufacturing, or failure analysis (e.g. cross-sectioning of samples for SEM characterization, thermal imaging, accelerated life testing) of electrical and electronic components will be an advantage; and
- good interpersonal and communication skills; and a good command of written and spoken English.
Fresh graduates are also welcome.
Applicants are invited to contact Prof. Lam Kin-man Kenneth at email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
A highly competitive remuneration package will be offered. Applicants should state their current and expected salary in the application.
Deadline for application: Recruitment will continue until the positions are filled.
- Please return the completed application form, together with a detailed curriculum vitae, to the CAiRS by email to email@example.com
- Application form can be downloaded from here.
- The CAiRS reserves the right to fill or not to fill the position. The personal data in relation to your application will be used by CAiRS to assess your suitability for assuming the position you are applying for, and to determine the remuneration and benefits package, if applicable.
- Please read the “Personal Information Collection Statement for Recruitment” before completing the application form.
- The CAiRS is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity. All qualified applicants will received consideration for employment without regard to gender, ethnicity, nationality, family status or physical or mental disabilities.
- Applicants who are not invited to an interview within two months of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.